The Mercury World

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Update on life in Nottingham after Week 1

It’s been a week since I came to Nottingham. Can’t believe 7 days just flew past. Before I know it, it would be 3 yrs. So just to let everyone know (ok if you bother coming to read my blog), all is well with me here. Am still alive and kicking.
Just a quick update on my life here so far, since I don’t seem to meet anyone online anymore. I’ve found a place to stay in this 2 bedroom house. My hsemate aka my landlord is an undergrad student. The hse looks rather nice and my room is also considered big. Rental wise, apparently I got a good bargain. Takes me 30mins walk to get to lab though. 15mins to the uni gate and another 15mins across campus to get there.
Have also started working in the lab. My boss is really nice and so are the pple in the lab. Boss has gotten me to start working in the lab as well, and not just to sit there to read. He reckons it helps a person to settle in better as you are too busy to think too much. I agree as well. It helps me to fit better in the lab. However, I haven’t had the time to read much on the journals, really bad. Have already gone out for dinner and drinks with a few of my lab pple last Thursday. I think my alcohol tolerance level has increased. I actually finished 1 whole Corona without puking. It’s an achievement if you really know me.
The weather here hasn’t been too bad too. It’s summer here now. So far most days have been sunny with cool wind. Later part of last week, it has started raining (still light rain) in the late afternoon and evening. But lucky I’ve gotten rides home on both days. So it hasn’t been that cold yet. Just slightly cooler and can feel the cold when it rains.
As usually starting to be an auntie. I think I’m back to liking supermaketing. I just hate having to carry the stuff back. I’ve got a small town centre 10mins walk from my hse, that’s my supermarket place as of now. 3mins from my hse is another small supermarket, ok more like Cheers. So I go there when I am lazy.
So pple, as I am working the whole of the daytime and get home where everyone is already sleeping back home, I’ll try to update my blog more often so you can updated with my life here. Till the next entry….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home