The Mercury World

Sunday, August 17, 2008

'Food'ful Weekend

Heyo! Back to blog. Have been out of action last couple of weeks. Busy at work (getting out of lab only after 7 each day) and been going to parties and hanging out at friend's place on weekends. Am hardly home. Thats my excuse for not updating my blog.
Anyway just thought I should post some pics of my life here. First up. Pictures of food that me n YW tried cooking on Sat. Recipes came from this foodblog. Overall, the food pretty much taste what we have back in Sg (which is good, cos YW hasn't gone home in more than 2 yrs and missing Sg food), except that we probably had enough food to feed 10 pple. Seem more like we were having a party. But all that food was just for the 2 of us. Pictures dun reflect the full quantity of food. And also missing are pictures of manago pudding (got too full n tired towards the ending of the meal to bother taking pic) which didn't solidify fully but still tasted good. Also no pic of my bubble milk tea (pearl not sweet). Next time I try to remember.
I'll add pics of my walk to uni and some pic of my uni and city centre next time. And also more food. I really do try to have a life here :)
Meanwhile, enjoy the pics and Xuan knock yourself out with the pics and drool all you want.... Muhahah ....All in all I think it was quite a successful attempt. Would be trying more food then.
A table full of recipes and mess that we created.

Thats the mess in the kitchen that we also created.

Oyster omelette with really spicy homemade chilli.

Close-up view of the oyster omelette. Looks like the real thing?
Siew mai before it has been cooked. Ok looks really fat and big. But here. Its the UK here. Ang moh chinese food is always bigger in size.
Thats the siew mai after its cooked. We managed only to steam and finish 7.
Next up. Carrot cake. This is just the carrot cake before its fried.
Fried carrot cake. The black style.
Chinese red bean pancake.
The red bean paste we made just for the pancake. Therefore we had a BIG bowl of red bean soup and LOADS of red bean paste. I think we went overboard there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home